Practicing this week

⊆ Monday, January 26, 2009 by Donia | , , . | ˜ 1 comments »

Here is what i am abstaining from:

Interrupting people.

My sweet and incredibly talented associate (and when i say associate, i mean beloved friend and stunt double), Sabjimata, and i were speaking about the subject recently.

We both agreed that it seems to be a intrinsic component of female communication. (and now for some sweeping generalities) We ladies intuit, we flow with our conversation-ees, we overlap our speech and thoughts with others due, in part, to our collaborative natures (and/or if you have a lot of what Ayurveda calls Vata you sometimes just need the mellow Kapha to spit it out, already!)

That being said, it is still a good time for me to take a little break from the breaking in. I must admit that there have been a few conversations lately where yours truly jumped in, anticipating what "had to be what they were going to say" with sub-par results. Here is a dramatic re-enactment of one such time:

patient/caring/wow/dancerfriend: Yeah, well it seems that all people are interested in these days is Bollywood. Not as many people want to study the classical dance forms. And then they call and want my sister to do some of those film dances and she does it and
she looks....


me,the Great Intuitive: Really Silly!

patient/caring/wow/dancerfriend: Really Amazing, because she has the classical background.


Yuck. I guess my spidey sense was down that day. Makes me feel like simultaneously cracking up and up-chucking. Thank goodness he is so tolerant and that he didn't seem to hear me.

So, so long interrupting...let my ears be filled with the complete sentences of others (at least for the week)!


One Response to “Practicing this week”

  1. k.mala gutierrez Says:
    dhanya didi, I love this idea of fasting from bad habits. I wish I was better at making and keeping fasting vows. but you're inspiring me. I think I should follow suit. :)and I just love, love, love your bliggitblog. please keep going!

= Leave a Reply