The Fasting Feast

⊆ Tuesday, February 10, 2009 by Donia | , , , , . | ˜ 0 comments »

I took some extended time with fasting from interrupting. It was a practice that really challenged me observe myself and my communications more closely. Towards the end of the first week my mother let me know in no uncertain terms that she thought i needed to listen more and interrupt her less. That was when i decided to continue my fast for another week. (i intend to still be mindful about interruptions, btw.)

And as for last times positive growing exercise... the sprouts are still in their seed form.

All that being said, here is what isn't happening this week...

PAPER TOWELS

Cloth is so much better. And actually, we do use cloth much of the time. But occasionally, weakness overcomes me and the convenience of the paper towel wins out. (This is usually when i am about to be pawed by a toddler who has been excavating an avocado.) But not this week! (and hopefully, not beyond this week!) Here is some info on the polluting effects of bleached paper products, how much energy and resources are saved by using recycled goods, and how much more are saved by using cloth.

So what about the feast? What positive practice is to be embraced?

We are having ANOTHER GO AT SPROUTING!!!

Why the heck not, right?


0 Responses to The Fasting Feast

= Leave a Reply